It is funny the things kids come up with. They hear words, and when they speak them, they come out something totally different than what the original word really was.
For instance, when Aynsli was younger, gospel, was bicycle. So when we prayed, and thanked Heavenly Father for the gospel, Aynsli thanked Him for the bicycle.
Well, she's caught on to gospel, but last night Chris was helping her say the prayer:
Chris: We thank thee for the true and everlasting gospel
Aynsli: We thank the for the tree and letters of the gospel
And here is another one:
Aynsli is incredibly adept at picking up song lyrics (and tunes)!
For several months when we would drive in the car, we would listen to the Primary songs that they were practicing for the program. One of those was How Firm a Foundation. One day we were riding in the car, and had just listened to that song...
Aynsli: Mom, isn't foundation cement? (This from countless trips to visit our house as it was being built last year)
Mom: Yes, foundations are usually made of cement.
Aynsli: Then we are singing about cement, aren't we?
Mom: Well, yes, I guess, a different kind of "cement", but yes.
And a little more recently....
Chris grew up on the music of Abba--so when we found a CD for some of their greatest hits, he had to have it. We listened to it on the way home, and got through the first 4 or 5 songs.
The next day we were in the car...
Aynsli: I want to listen to the song about being in jail
Chris: What? There is no song about being in jail
Aynsli: Yes there is. It says, Before I met you, I was in jail....
Chris: No....
Flip through songs....guess what? Number 5 starts...Before I met you, I was in jail!
Too cute! What will she come up with next?
2 comments:
Yes! Abba rocks, and so does the bicycle, er, I mean Gospel!!!
That is too cute.
Post a Comment