Friday, August 29, 2008

I have nothing to wear mom!....

Last week we went to Lagoon with our good friends. Somehow, Aynsli ended up in the mud, and her cute pink skirt and white shirt were covered. Luckily Karen was prepared, and had brought extra clothes for her boy Jeffrey. She was kind enough to let us borrow a pair of gray shorts, and a dark blue New England Patriots t-shirt--which she looked really cute in, and got lots of comments on.

Well, we washed those clothes and I had them sitting on the dresser ready to return. Aynsli had been begging to wear them again and I kept telling her no, because we needed to return them, and t hey needed to be clean. Well, this afternoon Aynsli came in to where I was, begging again to wear them. I told her no. She started crying. I told her to go find something in her drawer to wear. She has lots of clothes. "But mom, I want gray shorts and a blue shirt." Well, you have a blue shirt, and lots of shorts; go get those. "Nooooooooooo mom, I want to wear the gray shorts and blue shirt." Aynsli, you aren't going to wear those, go find something else. Off she goes third time. I get busy doing something else, and 40 minutes go by. I realized I haven't heard from her since our "conversation", so I figure I'd better go check on her. As I walk down the hall, I see that Wesley's bedroom door is closed. I know she's in there because that is where she has been sleeping for the last 2 weeks--another story for another time--. So as I pass her bedroom, this is what I see...

Clothes scattered everywhere! Not terribly unusual, so I figure she found something to wear. Then I open the door....



She's asleep in the bed without any clothes on. I guess trying to find something to wear was just too much hard work! Only my Aynsli...

2 comments:

ashley & joe martin said...

Too sweet, I love it. I feel like that sometimes to after finding clothes to wear. :)

Sarah said...

ohhh. Sometimes life is really hard for these toddlers. :) Good lesson to pack extra clothes. I never do that anymore! Uh-oh.