Can you believe our little Miss Aynsli is 4? Where has the time gone? My little girl is growing up.
We had family over to celebrate, and it was fun. She got some good presents. She wanted a Tinkerbell cake, and it took me more effort than I thought to get all the necessary supplies. And because of that, I didn't have a chance to do a trial run on the cake.
So we made her cake before church, but I guess we just didn't let it cook long enough. It ended up being really gooey in the middle, so it didn't quite work as planned. Thus my decorating attempt was last minute, and not the best.
I think it worked out ok though, she really loved it, and her uncles loved the "nudie cake", goo and all--leave it to them to come up with something like that. (Because we had to disrobe Tinkerbell to put her in the cake)
I've seen this on other blogs, etc... and wanted to do it, however, I have been such a slacker, I just haven't gotten around to it...
1. Were you married at the time of the birth? Yes, for almost 2 years
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? We were shocked and thrilled. We had been trying for a long time, and had been going through fertility treatments, so it was a blessing.
3. How old were you? I was 30 when she was born
4. How did you find out you were pregnant?Took a test--because I was going to have surgery, and was supposed to start meds that day--total surprise!
5. Who did you tell first? Chris--I'd taken the test at like 5:30 am, so I went in and woke him up, and was shaking pretty badly...
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Absolutely! I didn't sleep at all the night before our ultrasound
7. Due date: January 20
8. Did you deliver child early or late? Amazingly she was only 8 days early
9. Did you have morning sickness? No
10. What did you crave? Nothing
11. Who irritated you the most? My doctor--way way way protective --guess I should be grateful!
12. What is her birth order? First
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 12, but had plenty to spare before
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?YES--pregnancy induced high blood pressure, bedrest at 23 weeks, 5 hospitalizations, countless ER trips, twice weekly dr. visits and NSTs, those 16 weeks were some of the longest in my life--its hard to believe its been over 4 years ago now!
15. Where did you give birth to your child? Flint, Michigan--inner city hospital--heard gun shots outside my first hospitalization, had inmates in chains in waiting room when I went to see the doctor. Definitely an experience!
16. How many hours were you in labor? Induced about 9pm, contractions started around 2am, she was born just after 1230pm
17. Who drove you to the hospital? My knight in shining armor husband! He was a trooper through the whole pregnancy--spent countless nights with me at the hosptial, missed several days of work, what a man!!! Thanks honey!
18. Who watched? In addition to the too numerous doctors, nurses, interns, etc... Chris and my mom were both in the room
19. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Of course!
20. How much did she weigh? 7 lbs 6 oz
21. Why did you name her the name you picked? Guess it depends on who you talk to-we both have a different version--couldn't really come up with a name--don't think we ever considered any other, at least seriously. I knew a girl named Ainsley, Chris loved the TV show West Wing, and there was a character on there named Ainsley. Thus she was Aynsli. I say that I knew Ainsley long before West Wing, therefore I came up with the name--Chris doesn't agree.
22. Who was the first person you called? I think it was Chris' parents. I'm not really sure--things were such a whirlwind with all that transpired after...
23. Who were your first visitor's? The only visitors we had were my mom and dad, who had flown out for 2 weeks--and were there a week before she was born. Because she ended up in the NICU, she could only have 2 visitiors at a time, so we had to trade off taking turns going in to see her. When she was transferred to the second hospital NICU, our wonderful friends, Jeff and Mary, who so kindly let us stay with them, visited. Other than that, no visitors.
No comments:
Post a Comment