Wednesday, July 15, 2009

35 days and counting...officially

We are getting there. Officially we have 35 days left. Most likely we have 21, if I have my way, it will be closer to 14. We'll see what happens. Baby is doing well, although she has been rather uncooperative. I've had NSTs (non-stress tests) for 2 weeks now; and will continue to have them until the end. I went Monday, and we thought all was well, but as soon as we got home, there was a message from the nurse saying that the perinatologist was not happy with the results, and wanted me to come back in and re-test. No one wants to hear that. This pregnancy has been fraught with worry and nerve-wracking from the beginning. (Granted, most of it self-imposed and without basis--but nonetheless, for me it has been worrisome.) She has been breech for nearly 7 weeks, and that has brought on all kinds of unknown for me. Will she turn? Why hasn't she? What if she doesn't? Is there a problem? What is going to happen? So now what. The doc wasn't happy with her baseline heart rate, and felt we needed to test again. So I went in yesterday to retest. Thankfully, she did much better, and at least for the moment, has chosen to be mostly head down. That is a relief, but now I worry that she won't stay that way. We've still got a few days until it becomes a real issue; but I just want her to be head down and stay that way. Is that so much to ask? We will have NST and ultrasound on Monday. What happens there will help form what the plan is from here on out. Hopefully, she'll be head down, and things will be on schedule for delivery. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: