Monday, February 15, 2010

What do I blog for anyway?

I am so terrible at updating my blog. I have several posts that need to be made, but I never seem to get around to doing it. I always check in on my friends blogs, and get ideas from their posts, and enjoy the capturing of their family's moments, but around here it never seems to happen. I am not on top of it. The pictures are still on my camera, or the cord is upstairs with the computer, and 99.9% of my computering is down here with the laptop. The girls need breakfast, or lunch, or its time for a nap, or medicine, or I should change the laundry, or empty the dishwasher, or pick up the countless toys on the family room floor. I have a endless running list of things that need to be done, and I rarely cross anything off. Often there is a daily list, and sometimes I have to add to the list just to cross something, anything, off. Its already past the middle of February, and there is no Christmas post, no New Years post. Not tidbit about the tiny earthquake here, or the big one in Haiti. No Birthday post for Aynsli's 5th---or the awesome party and cake we had. No post about life in general, life specific, no 6 month post for little Lily, no birthday post for Chris, no Happy Valentines post. Its not like I am never on the computer---even as we speak I have 2 little girls begging for macaroni while I type. But to post...just doesn't happen. Are you kidding me? Last June our Relief Society had a service auction. I offered up a name frame. I have been promising the sister I would do it. Finally, 2 weeks ago I made it into my office/craft room long enough to get it done. It took me 1 hour to complete it start to finish. It took me 8 months to get up to my craft room to do it. And another week to get around to delivering it to her. Good grief!! Since then however we have made a custom clipboard for a birthday party, a baby quilt for a baby shower, two decorated cans for cute girls Valentines day, several Valentines cards, a couple birthday cards, and a big ol' HUGE mess. That still needs to be cleaned up.
I want to post, I really do. And maybe I will do better. Maybe. I've got 3 beautiful reasons to do it. I went in Wednesday night for my Temple Recommend interview. I told the Bishop last time I got a recommend (2 years ago) I only had one child. Maybe that is part of it. In the last 2 1/2 years we have moved across the country, lived in 2 homes, built one of those, moved into both of them, been in 5 different wards, made many new friends, Chris started a new job, started and completed 2 pregnancies--gaining 2 children-tripling our family, and I think I am just now starting to recover from all of that--still while dealing with a very active 5 year old, an incredibly humorous, yet want to tear your hair out almost 2 year old, and a growing, cuddly 6 month old. Where has the time gone? They are growing so fast. So what do I blog for anyway? For my sanity, for a release, for not nearly enough updates and remembrances of these all too quickly passing years of my precious ones. For them. I do it for them. And now, I go make macaroni for them. I do it all for them!

1 comment:

kener4 said...

WOW, Wendi! I don't know how you do it. I'm exhausted just reading about it! :)