Technically I am past my deadline--thanks for the reminder Heidi! : ) BUT, due to the gift of technology, I don't have to be! : ) I was too tired to do this last night! (Click on the above picture to get a close up view)
February has been another exciting month for us! We squeeze as much love and celebrating out of it as we can. We celebrate Chris' birthday--he turned OLD this year, Valentine's Day--the girls always love their visit from Mr. Valentine! He decorates the hallway and their bedroom doors with all kinds of hearts, and leaves them each a little present! Fun stuff. Then we celebrate our anniversary, and to top it all off, we celebrate my birthday! What a month!
This year, Lily had to get in on the action. We were celebrating Chris' birthday and SuperBowl Sunday all at the same time. I had great food all planned out for him. Lily decided that she needed to make another ER visit right during food prep time. So Chris had to make all his own food. Sorry babe. It was yummy though!
Why, you may ask, did Lily end up in the ER twice in two months? Well, let me share this little gem with you...we were up visiting my mom in the hospital. She had just had her knee replaced for the second time after this little beauty of an accident... I know, I am sure mom would love it to know I added that picture. There is actually a better one, where she looks even worse (LOL) but I couldn't find it. So this one had to suffice. Quickly...last March she tripped over a gas hose and fell flat on her face, and her knees at a gas station. Dumb doctors didn't do a CAT scan the day of the accident, so about 6 weeks later (after leaking cranial fluid for most of that time) they discovered a crack in the plate between your sinuses and your brain, and she had a piece a brain about the size of a large grape protruding through the hole. (I saw the actual scans, it was pretty incredible!) So once she finally got into see the neurosurgeon, they immediately admitted her to the ICU and did surgery the next morning. This picture is from after the surgery--but is similar to how she looked after the original accident. Anyway, as a by product of the accident, her newly replaced knee was injured, and one of the bones came loose, and never fixed itself, so she had to have a second new knee put in.
So...back to the original story. We were at the hospital visiting Grandma after her surgery. I looked down and saw all these blood drops all over the floor. At first we couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Then, Chris picked up Lily, and she had blood running down her hand and shirt and we saw that somehow--we still don't know how, or on what, she had cut the tip of her finger. It was bleeding pretty badly--we got a bandaid and she soaked through that pretty quickly. The nurses called the nursing supervisor and he came up and wrapped it with gauze and coban and said that if it didn't stop we needed to come back. Great! We kept it wrapped all Friday night, all day Saturday, and Sunday. It wasn't until we got home from church on Sunday that it started to bleed again--dripping down her arm bleeding again. So I called the hospital and talked to the nursing supervisor on duty, and she strongly suggested we bring her to the ER. So, off to the ER she and I went---leaving dad home to make his own party.
After a total visit of 1 hour and 15 minutes, 15 minutes of the nurse scrubbing, cleaning and bandaging it, and MAYBE 2 minutes with the ER doc, we had a well wrapped finger that was no longer bleeding. The nurse said that if we had come in Friday they probably would have stitched it. I am kind of glad we didn't--that would have been torture for me and for Lily! And it has pretty much completely healed--she didn't lose any skin or anything.
So we have spent several times visiting Grandma in rehab this month...she looks much better in this picture, and hopefully will be able to come home by the end of the week!
It flew by, and was cram packed with all kinds of fun and excitement--including 4 earthquakes, but we are glad it is done, and are looking forward to more fun and excitement next month!

No comments:
Post a Comment