Tuesday, March 25, 2008

She's here!





Welcome Emalie Grace!!



We went to the doctor last week, and didn't expect to be going back to the hospital later that night, but that is the way it worked out. After 2 1/2 hours of actual labor, Emalie came into the world. We are so excited to have her, and it is amazing how quickly the time has passed. She is absolutely beautiful, and perfect in every way. She has struggled with high bilirubin levels, and had to come home on the photo therapy lights, but as of today, she is off those as well. She is much like her sister, in that she thinks eating is too much hard work, and she would rather sleep, but if we can get through that, we will be doing great. She is quite the itty bitty little thing, but such a good baby. We hope that you enjoy these pictures, and there will certainly be more to come!



None of us expected the lots of dark hair she has. Weaver babies tend to be bald, and Condie babies don't seem to have much hair either. I just hope she keeps it!




Big sister Aynsli with her new baby sister. She loves Emalie, and is a big helper to mom.





What a beauty! Of course I am not biased or anything!






Dad and his girls! What a beautiful family!!

Going home!! I bought this adorable snowsuit a few months ago. It is a newborn size, and I knew she wouldn't wear it much before she grew out of it. I didn't think that she'd be so little though. She looks like a little gingerbread man all snug in her carseat. The funny thing is, without the snowsuit she barely fits in the carseat. She is so small that the buckle and the clasp meet, and you can't really pull it any more.


Emalie in her photo therapy bed. We took the bassinet apart, and put her bed in that. You don't get the full effect because she is covered in blankets, but we had to keep her warm.

Before Aynsli was born, we received a few Preemie outfits, because we thought she was going to come so early. Well, she was big enough when she was born, that she didn't fit into any of those outfits. I was about ready to just give them to Aynsli for her dolls, but Emalie is tiny enough she fits into them. She won't for long, but we had to document how tiny she is.




Aynsli was 2 1/2 months old when her first Easter came. She got this doll, which has since been named Julianna. We took pictures with Aynsli and her doll, and you really have to do a double take to see who is who. Well, we put the doll up next to Emalie, and you can see how tiny she is compared to this 19 inch doll. Aynsli is on the left of the left picture. Emalie is on the left of the right picture.

What a perfect princess!! We are so blessed to have such beautiful children!!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

She is beautiful...congratulations. I am glad you are both doing well!!!

Betsy said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl:)

The Felix Family said...

YAY!! She's here! Congratulations! I am so glad you and her are doing well. Good luck with it all.

Anonymous said...

She is precious! I am so glad that you are sending emails to keep in touch. I love the blog, too, and think that I am going to have to get one! I linked to Corinne's blog and was excited for her baby news... I am going to try to stay in touch better. Love ya,
Becky

Mel said...

Emalie is so beautiful! Congratulations!!

Diana said...

What a beautiful, precious angel. Congratulations to you and your family. What a thrill to have a new baby in the house.

Terrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terrie said...

Wendi your girls are adorable. I would love to take their pictures. We need to get together soon so we can get some newborn pics. Email me and we can talk about a time.
terrieneiswender@gmail.com

Unknown said...

You are so very blessed! What a beautiful family. I love the "Dad and his Girls" picture.