Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A family reunion



You know how there are some people in your lives who are just really important. Friends who you can go years without seeing, but you can just pick up where you were when you do see each other. Well, that is how the Hansen family is to me. We went Monday night to Park City to visit with them, and had a great time. If I'd been thinking clearly, I would have had Drew and Penny in the picture too. I started babysitting for the Hansens in 1989, and continued on for many years. They are my family. I love them dearly. Other than my mom, Penny is the mom that I always wanted to be. The kids are great! It has been 7 years since I last saw them, and the kids have all grown up, but they are still "my kids". We had great times together, and I loved being with them. Andrea is married now, and has her own little one. Adam is married too. Austin is 21. Ashley is going to BYU. Amanda is a senior in high school. Lexie is 13. It doesn't seem possible. Ashley was 3 months old when I first started babysitting, and Amanda and Alexis were yet to come. Now look at them. What a great family! I am so blessed to know them, and to have them in my life. They are wonderful and it was fantastic to see them. Now that I am here, and they are closer, hopefully I will get to see them more often.

No comments: