Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A significant day in history!

Certainly this has been a day for the history books. Today I am particularly grateful to be an American. To live in a country where even though we often take them for granted, our freedoms are ours. I may not agree with all the politics and ideologies of the new administration, but I can certainly appreciate the significance of this day, for many reasons. How blessed I feel to live in a country where I can live my life as I choose, to raise my children in the manner that I desire, and believe as I choose to.

2 comments:

Diana said...

I agree with you! He's not the guy I voted for but I have high hopes for him and our nation! Thanks for your insight.

Liz Laudie said...

I also did not vote for him, but I can already see a benefit to Obama taking office~~Hope. It seems that in this time of significant struggles for many, that his presence in the White House is filling many with Hope, which may be a powerful tool in solving many of our Nation's challenges.

Super cute pictures of your girls. It was fun to catch up with you.