Thursday, June 18, 2009

Driving me crazy!

Does anyone know? Are all 4 year olds mouthy and a little obnoxious, or is mine just precociously so? Lately Aynsli has been coming up with some of the craziest things, and it is starting to drive me nuts. I don't know where she gets some of this stuff. We teach her to be nice, and to say nice things, especially to and about others, but it doesn't always sink in, I guess. Last night, after one particular conversation about being nice when we go play with friends, I was putting her to bed. We had this exchange on the way:

Aynsli: Uugh, the whole world is just not perfect.
Me: What?
A: The whole world isn't perfect.
Me: You are right, its not. Why isn't it perfect?
A: Because the sky is crooked, and houses are bending over.
Me: What?
A: The sky is crooked, houses are bending over.
Me: Well, do you have to worry about that?
A: Yes.
Me: Why?
A: Because the world is not perfect
Me: You are right, nobody in this world is perfect. We all make mistakes and do things wrong.
A: I know, nobody is perfect except me.
Me: What? Are you perfect?
A: Yes.
Me: No, there is only one perfect person in the world, do you know who it is?
A: Yes, me.
Me: Nooo...try again.
A: Heavenly Father.
Me: Thats right
A: and Jesus too.
Me: Yep, and that is why we need to be nice like Jesus, right?
A: Yes.
Me: Ok, so we need to work on being nice to each other right?
A: Ok

I don't get it. Where does she get this stuff? At least something is sinking in. I'm just not sure if its always the right thing.

3 comments:

Karen and Kyle said...

Don't you know...the world revolves around 4 year olds. Just ask mine! :D

Chonk said...

Good Luck!! I have an almost seven year old that still says things like that. I believe it is a game to make parents go crazy (and the kids usually win).

kener4 said...

I'm sorry, but I think that is the cutest thing ever!
I've never noticed the crooked sky and the houses that bend over. I'll have to watch for that! ;)

And by the way, just wait. The teenage years come FAST! They are fun. Fun I tell you. AHHHH!!!!!