Politics are not my thing. I am not politically motivated, I don't necessarily enjoy political discussions, and unfortunately, I am not as "politically informed" as I should be. Chris, on the other hand, craves politics. Since we started dating, he's told me that one of his dreams is to be POTUS--President of the United States. Just the thought makes me shudder. I've told him if it happened, I'd leave the country. It has nothing to do with him--he'd make a good president, it is all about me. Rarely is it about me, but this one time, it is. I would NOT want to be first lady. I would not want to be put on display, to have my children put under scrutiny, to have my every move followed; THAT is just NOT my thing. He speaks of it frequently, and I just roll my eyes and shake my head. I would support him, if I could be left out of it--is that even possible? Anyway, with the state of our government as it is lately, all things political are prevalent around here. That is ok, I don't mind...usually.
Well, Tuesday night was caucus night around here. We had a friend call and ask if he was planning on attending. He wanted to, but had some other commitments...we talked about it. I said, if you really want to get involved, this is the time and the way to do it. So he went. Hours passed. He came home. As Vice-Chair of our precinct. Good for you Chris! Don't ask me what this means--I won't be able to explain it to you. HE is excited. He is fired up, he is getting involved. That is a good thing. I am all for it. However, POTUS--still against that. Still want nothing to do with that.
As you all know, unless you are completely unaware of the world around you, (which must be a good thing at times) there is heated debate, frustration, disagreement, and great discontent with the state of our government, and elected leaders currently. And its not just one issue either. There are many things facing our nation that are not necessarily good for our country. As stated above, I am not nearly as informed as I should be.
I've been thinking a lot lately about the last days, the signs of the times, of things currently ocurring, and those yet to occur. There is much to process, think about and consider. I came across this quote today:
Part of the campaign platform for Idaho GOP Gubernatorial candidate Rex Rammell is to defend the Constitution of the United States. He says that saving the U.S. Constitution requires God's help:
"To think that we can save the Constitution without God's help when the government of the United States is corrupt, is absurdity. We are in America's second Revolutionary War, to save our freedom, which we paid for with our blood. We need God's help, and I am not ashamed to ask for it. I do not believe this responsibility lies solely on the shoulders of the LDS elders, but I do believe the LDS elders will play a significant role in it, and I believe I am one of those elders. I am tired of people telling me that I can't bring God and the Constitution into my campaign speeches."
I have to agree with this. We cannot save the Constitution, and the way of life it provides for us, without God's help. I came across this scripture the other day: " Wherefore, I, Lehi, prophesy according to the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that there shall none come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord.
Wherefore, this land is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring. And if it so be that they shall serve him according to the commandments which he hath given, it shall be a land of liberty unto them; wherefore, they shall never be brought down into captivity; if so, it shall be because of iniquity; for if iniquity shall abound cursed shall be the land for their sakes, but unto the righteous it shall be blessed forever. " 2 Nephi 1:6-7
There is the answer:
1 comment:
I could not state it any better! Thanks sweetie. On to the White House:)
Post a Comment