Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lost and wandering

I am sitting here, not quite sure what to do with myself. I've put my firstborn on the bus for day number 2 of Kindergarten--and the bus even came on time today!  My baby is down for her nap, and my 2 year old is taking a trauma induced nap--majorly pinched pinky finger = 30 minutes of crying, now sleep.  I will pay for it tonight when she won't go to bed, but right now,  the quiet is deafening.  I haven't heard this in so long during daylight hours,  I am lost.  Where do I start?  What do I do?  Heaven knows I have a list a mile long of things I need to do, and want to do.  Grocery shopping, menu planning, toilet cleaning, closet straightening, scrapbooking, blanket making, blog posting, floor sweeping, (amazingly laundry is all folded and put away)...the list goes on and on, but it is almost like I don't know what to do with out little hands pulling on my legs, little voices needing this and that, or little bodies sitting on my lap while I try to do most anything.
Since I have been feeling terribly guilty about my lack of blogging, which I enjoy doing, and want to do, I think I'll sit for a minute and try to share some of the goings on in our life.  I can't "catch up", it goes too far back and there is too much I have missed. I think I'll hit some of the more recent highlights though...
 - Aynsli started Kindergarten yesterday.  It is hard to believe she is old enough for that.  It seems like just the other day I was put on bedrest to ensure her safe arrival.
 -Lily turned 1.  One?  Is that really possible?  Where has the last year gone?  It is passing so quickly, and I am not ready for it.  But yes, she is walking, climbing, starting to say what sounds like words, and is full of joy and sunshine.
 -Emalie has entered the terrible twos with a vengeance.  She is a little trouble maker, but she is also such a hoot.  Both she and Aynsli are into horses, and E will make anything a horse.
 - We had Wesley here for 6 weeks this summer, and had a great time.  That is the longest we have had him with us in 6 years, and it was really good.  We did some fun things, and had good times, and the best thing of all was that he was able to be baptized the day he went home.  We are blessed that he was able to receive that in his life.
-We spent some time in Logan with cousins, and spent a week in Park City for a family reunion. Those were both fun things, and the kids really enjoyed them.  PC was great because the girls got to swim everyday, and they LOVED that!
 - We did a garden this year, and tho we've had some rough spots, we are reaping a harvest--more zucchini than we know what to do with, some basil, tomatos, green peppers, and corn.  We have 2 watermelon growing, and they made it bigger than last year, but   for some reason they never turn out edible.  We'll have to work on it.  
It was a great summer, and the kids had fun, and were healthy!  We actually went 3 months without anyone going to a doctor!
Now, a new phase of life has started.  We are parents of a school go-er.  No more spontaneous trips, no more late night ventures, no more unplanned outings.  We are structured, regulated, and routined (Ha!).  Well, at least we are trying to be.  But we are enjoying it.  And are grateful for the relative boringness and health of our family.  We are blessed, and we are happy!

1 comment:

The Felix Family said...

It's so good to hear from you. I always get excited when I see you have posted. It sounds like everything is going so well for you guys. Cpngrats on Wesley being baptized that is awesome and your girls are darling. I can't believe Aynsli is in Kindergarten, Kylie would be jealous she gets to ride the bus. GOod luck with everything and hopefully you have a few more peaceful moments every once in awhile.