Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Aynsli



Can you believe you are already 3? It doesn't seem possible to me! I am quickly learning that the older you get, the faster time goes. We were looking at pictures of Aynsli the other night, she wanted to see when she was in mom's tummy, and we looked at those, and then went through a whole bunch of her next few months. It is hard to believe that she was so little. When she was born, I thought it was forever that she spent in the hospital. Three years later, those 25 days are just the blink of an eye. Friday night we took Aynsli to Chuck E Cheese for her birthday. She had a great time playing games, and riding rides. She and dad had a competition who could use the most tokens. Grandma Weaver came, and her present was the Princess tutu, crown and wand. Aynsli loved it. We made her cake when we got home, and of course Ayns had to help.




I decorated her cake early Saturday morning, because I knew if she was around, it would be a much larger mess. She wanted a pony cake, so this is what we came up with. My skills are extremely rudimentary, but it turned out quite nice. I have to admit, I am no expert, but over the last 5 years, we have come up with some pretty cool cakes for Wesley and Aynsli. Maybe one of these days I'll post all the pictures.





We were trying to think of something special we could do for Aynsli's birthday, and decided to go to Build A Bear and let her build an animal. There were so many choices for her to choose from, and she loved touching all of them, but she ended up choosing this monkey, which she named Taffy.

You can tell she is just the tiniest bit spoiled, as we let her pick out an outfit, shoes and a purse to dress her. She had a good time though, and I think it made it special for her.



This isn't the greatest picture, you can't see most of the decorations we had, all My Little Pony stuff, and in corresponding colors, but we had a little party for her. She got some great presents, and we had cake and ice cream. It was a good time, and I think Aynsli had a great birthday. She has told us we can't take down all the decorations. We'll see if she wins, or dad wins on that one!






1 comment:

Mel said...

Wow, 3 years old. She's growing up so fast! Very soon your baby will be a big sister. So exciting!