Tuesday, January 8, 2008

One More Update.....

I am sure that most of you are tired of our little pregnancy updates, but you will have to just bear with me. This is also my attempt to journal for our family, and for this new little one, so here we go.
We saw the doctor again today. It was the lovely drink the sweet sugary glucose drink and have your blood drawn day. I actually had the fruit punch option, which seemed much less sugary than the orange stuff. I was a little anxious, because with Aynsli my results came back like 2 over the "normal" range, so I had do the 3-hour screening, etc....which was no fun. So we are hoping things are just fine. I had another ultrasound, because this child has been so uncooperative about sharing information. We were specifically looking to see what the lips and chin look like, to see if there are any similarities between Aynsli and this one. From what we could see, everything looks fine. We were also checking to see if we could get any more definitive answers about whether she really is a girl. As the doctor was looking, he said, what did I tell you last time. We said a girl. He said, "Really?" in a rather shocked voice. For a minute, I guess really I didn't know what I was feeling. I guess I had adjusted to the notion that we were having a second girl, and all of a sudden he was injecting quite a bit of question into that thought. Not that a boy would be bad at all, we will love whoever this turns out to be; but I think once you are used to the idea of one, to have that turned around just takes some adjustment time. A few more minutes of looking and trying to get baby to cooperate, and he is still pretty sure it is a girl. I guess we are also going on that assumption, and will just have to wait and see for sure. We are down to about 10-11 weeks. He said he would induce me at 38 weeks, earlier if need be, but then we would have to do the amnio to see if her lungs are ready. We know what that is all about....if I can make it 10 more weeks we will be doing great. That is what we are planning for. We are down to the every two weeks visits now, so we are getting close....

2 comments:

Wendy said...

wendi
I saw your like off Matt & Katie's page. Congrats on your baby on the way. This is Wendy (Williams) Brinkerhoff now. I hope you don't mind If I check in on your blog.

Mel said...

I enjoy reading your pregnancy updates. I've been checking in often to find out if you're having a boy or girl.

I guess I'll just have to wait around 10 weeks to find out for sure too.

How are you feeling as you approach the final stretch? Have the aches and pains become horrible yet?