You know, the beauty of bloggin' is that if I remember, I can post date or pre date, I guess is the better term, my entries, to reflect correct chronology in our life. NOT that life has much in the way of chronology lately, but nonetheless, life goes on.
Chris is busy working, and I think enjoying working at home. It has given him great flexibility, and the excuse to exercise his inner night owl. That I enjoy too, because when a portion of his work is done in hours that I am sleeping, I get more of his day time. He was called as 1st counselor in the Elders Quorum this week, which will be a great thing for him. Not only will he stay busy, but he will get to know other guys in the ward. I am really happy for him. Maybe he will find someone to go golfing, or to the batting cages with, because I am not apt to do either one of those any time soon.
I am keeping busy being pregnant, and trying to stay that way for a few more weeks. About 8 actually. The doctor said that he would induce me at 38 weeks, and I am going to hold him to that promise! : ) He said if necessary we'd do an amnio at 36 and if lungs are mature, we could induce then. I am struggling between really wanting an April baby, and wanting this baby here, not that either is in my hands at the moment. I just hang around, doing as little as possible, which can frustrate other parties in the house at times, and do what I can as I can. I have actually felt pretty good the past couple weeks, and have spent some much desired time in my craft room. Of course I have to battle a strong-willed 3 year old for position and supplies, but I have done a few more name frames, and have a couple projects still to go. The Relief Society has asked me to do a class for enrichment, and have wanted to see some of the work I have done. Well funny thing, in all of the various frames I have done, I have not done one for anyone in my family. They have all been given away. I guess I will have to work on that.
Aynsli is busy being a rambunctious and wild 3 year old. I vividly remember my mother telling me sometime in the last year that 2 year olds are strong willed and want to do as they please, but when they turn 3 they are much more eager to please, and perhaps the word "obedient" is a stretch--a great big one in our case, but that is what mom said. NOT!! Aynsli is a wonderful little girl, and a great kid, and perhaps it is my growing girth and raging hormones, but lately she is just pushing me to the limits. Between "shhshing" me when she is watching Barney and I am talking on the phone, to having picnics on the kitchen floor with all kinds of accessories that mom ends up picking up, to spending 40 minutes "doing dishes" in the sink, and running to the bathroom to get water when mom has said that if she turns the water on again she'll go to her room, she is just one whirlwind after the other. I suppose soon I will laugh, but not always yet. Her latest accomplishment is to call grandma, and dial all of the numbers on the phone by herself. We have done that multiple times a day for the last week or so, and she always thinks it is great fun. Tonight she was sitting here with me at the computer, and pulled out the keyboard and said, "look mom, there is the 8. And the 5. There is the 6, and the 1." She was so excited that she found those numbers somewhere other than the phone. Tubs are also a great love of hers these days. She likes to tubby in mom's big jetted tub--I think she has taken 2 tubs in her own bathroom since we moved in; and she likes enough water that it is like a swimming pool for her--look mom, I am a fish she says. Lately she asks 2-3 times a day if she can take a tub. The other day, shortly after she had gotten out of the tub, she got the soap, rubbed it on her hands, and then into her hair. Proper for being in the tub, but if I thought she was able to be so calculating, I'd think she did it just to get back in the tub. Well, instead dad just stuck her head in the laundry room sink and sprayed her head down. Probably in her mind just as good as a tub. I am grateful for her, and for all of her antics. She has quite the creative imagination, and I am thoroughly surprised at times the things she comes up with.
And thus is January ending, and we are heading into February. One day at a time closer to spring, and I can't wait. This winter has been incredible. The storms just haven't quit, and the snow keeps piling up. I am grateful that it is beautiful, that I rarely have to go out in it, and that someone else comes and shovels our driveway. How's that for a positive spin on a crazy cold snowy winter. The weatherman said the other day that this is like the snowiest winter they can remember in the 11 years they have been reporting here. That's just great! Maybe if I were a skier, but since I am not, I long for the sunshiney days when I can open the windows and smell spring!!
1 comment:
I too long for the spring days to come. We'll have to see what the ground hog decides tomorrow. I'm pushing for an early spring!
On the bright side of having an April baby, you get to craft more now!
Post a Comment